ndoutils - new objects not active after reload

Wolfgang Powisch powo+lists.nagios-users at powo.priv.at
Fri Dec 15 09:49:05 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm using ndoutils 1.3.1 with nagios 2.x and seeing the following problem:

My web-application queries the ndo_servicestate or ndo_hoststate table with an
additional filter "WHERE ndo_objects.is_active=1" to get the current service and host
states. This works well most of the time.

Now, I noticed, that every time, I add a new service or host and reload/restart
(same behaviour) nagios, the new objects are in ndo database, but the is_active
field is 0. An additional nagios reload/restart makes them active.
I could reproduce this behaviour every time when adding new hosts or services.

Any Ideas if this is a bug or any reason this may be intended.
What exactly is the "is_active" field intended for ?

thx in advance

regards,
--
Wolfgang Powisch