Nagios Notifications

Danilo Perdomo danilo.perdomo at intercable.com.ve
Thu Dec 14 23:32:26 CET 2006

Patrick Morris escribió:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Danilo Perdomo wrote:
>

>> Hi People, i have a litte problem with the notifications of my Nagios 2.5.
>> For example :
>> # 'check_nt_cpu' command definition
>> define command{
>>         command_name    check_nt_cpu
>>         command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
>> CPULOAD -l 15,90,98
>>         }
>> When the notification arrives, in the additional info field i get
>> information about the Ping instead of the CPU Load
>> of the host, this happens when i'm checking disk, memory and others.
>> I'd appreciate any help, thanks in advanced.
>>

> What are your notification commands? Can't help much without those

Notification commands:

# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
    command_name    notify-by-email
    command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios Nacional
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional
Info:\n$HOSTOUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s "Alerta: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ -
$HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$" $CONTACTEMAIL$
    }

# 'host-notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
    command_name    host-notify-by-email
    command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios Nacional
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState:
$HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time:
$LONGDATETIME$\n" | /bin/mail -s "Alerta: $HOSTSTATE$ $HOSTNAME$!"
$CONTACTEMAIL$
    }

# 'process-host-perfdata' command definition
define command{
    command_name    process-host-perfdata
    command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$LASTHOSTCHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$HOSTSTATE$\t$HOSTATTEMPT$\t$HOSTSTATETYPE$\t$HOSTEXECUTIONTIME$\t$HOSTOUTPUT$\t$HOSTPERFDATA$\n"
 >> /usr/local/nagios/var/host-perfdata.out
    }

# 'process-service-perfdata' command definition
define command{
    command_name    process-service-perfdata
    command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$LASTSERVICECHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$SERVICEATTEMPT$\t$SERVICESTATETYPE$\t$SERVICEEXECUTIONTIME$\t$SERVICELATENCY$\t$SERVICEOUTPUT$\t$SERVICEPERFDATA$\n"
    }