Newbie: http start fail: Invalid command 'log_file=/var/log/nagios/nagios.log'

Sjaak Nabuurs sjaak at vsm-hosting.nl
Thu Dec 14 09:01:56 CET 2006

Hi

I guess somthing wrong with your httpd.conf
The http server isn't the way to start nagios.
Only this code you have to ad in httpd.conf
**

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

**Looks like you include some nagios.cfg code in your httpd.conf

Sjaak