Logical Disk Rate on Windows

Sjaak Nabuurs sjaaknabuurs at citytower.com
Wed Dec 13 23:26:15 CET 2006

Bob DeBolt schreef:
> Greets
>
> I have a desire to aquire the Logical Disk Rate for each Logical disk on a
> number of Windows Servers and do it by using SNMP. Has anyone managed to come
> up with a solution for this type of measurement and would SNMP be the way to
> go.
>
> There is good info on physical disk performance available, but logical is what
> we are after.

A small shell script I wrote just today will make things clear

#!/bin/sh
# Run diskperf -y in a dosbox on your WIN2K machine
# Reboot your WIN2K

DISK="2"
UNIT=`snmpwalk -v2c 192.168.104.66 -c public|grep
hrStorageAllocationUnits.$DISK| awk '{print $4}' `
SIZE=`snmpwalk -v2c 192.168.104.66 -c public|grep hrStorageSize.$DISK|
awk '{print $4}'`
USED=`snmpwalk -v2c 192.168.104.66 -c public|grep hrStorageUsed.$DISK|
awk '{print $4}'`

echo -n "Mb "
echo "$UNIT * $SIZE /1024/1024" |bc
echo -n "Mb "