Service depedency problem

MiikaT mlist.nagios at inlan.inmics.fi
Wed Dec 13 19:58:32 CET 2006

I've configured dependencies.cfg in a way what if my remote router is down, no
alerts should be sent for hosts begind that devices. This works fine for host
dependency, but fails for service depedency. If the top level router ping get
warning or critical status, I rather not get alerts for all devices behind the
router, but I get them anyway. Any idea, what fails with this config:

define servicedependency{
        host_name                       router
        service_description             PING
        dependent_host_name             switch1,switch2,server1
        dependent_service_description   *
        execution_failure_criteria      w,u,c
        notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c
        }

define hostdependency{
        host_name                       router
        dependent_host_name             switch1,switch2,server1
        notification_failure_criteria   d,u
        }

-Miika