Contact Group problem

Michael Jewett mgj at unb.ca
Wed Dec 13 15:42:39 CET 2006

Hi,

I have this really strange problem with my contact groups.  Here is the
basic problem.  I have multiple contact groups, but two that are causing
me headaches, we'll call them GroupA and GroupB.

GroupA has people X,Y,Z
GroupB has people X,Y

Person X decided they don't need information on GroupA anymore, so I
removed them from that contactgroup.  But for some strange reason they
don't seem to get information (i.e. webinterface HOSTGROUP summary)
about GroupB anymore either.

So I added them back to GroupA and they see everything in the Hostgroup
summary again.

As a test, I removed them from GroupB and left them in GroupA and now
they lose the Hostgroup Summary web information for GroupB, like
expected, and still have GroupA listed.

Here is the summary, which hopefully will make this clearer.

X is in GroupA and GroupB, he can see both groups (as expected)
X is only in GroupA, he can see only GroupA (as expected)
X is only in GroupB, he can't see anything! (NOT as expected!!!)

Any suggestions?  Are my templates messed up totally?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Michael

--
    Michael Jewett
    Network Analyst

    ITS at UNB - Services, Solutions, Strategies