Packet loss reported by check_ping?

Wed Dec 13 14:42:11 CET 2006

Jason Byrns wrote:
> Also, along those lines...  I recently moved from the 1.2 Nagios to the
> more recent 2.4-2.5 Nagios.  Nagios 1.X seemed to only trigger a host
> check if a service check failed.  Nagios 2.X seems to ALWAYS run host
> checks in addition to service checks.  The fact that host checks are
> currently not run in parallel seems like this can really limit performance.

I have this problem - according to people on the list, Nagios 2.5 should
only run a host check when a service check reports as failed as it did
in 1.x, but my Nagios 2.5 runs a host check every 1.5 - 2 minutes, even
though scheduled active host checks show as disabled in the config.  I
haven't solved this yet, but I'm going to get 2.6 on test in the next
couple weeks.
> Why did that behavior change?  Will host checks be run in parallel for
> the 3.0 series, like I think I read once...?
>
> Thanks for any input!

I hope so!

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834