Using $ in password

Jason.Shein at iovate.com Jason.Shein at iovate.com
Tue Dec 12 20:28:28 CET 2006

Normally, doubling the $ sign and eclosing the statement in single quotes
works fine.

        check_command check_httpp!61002!192.168.1.4!:'33$$77'

Jason Shein
Network Administrator – Linux Systems
Iovate Health Sciences Inc.
5100 Spectrum Way
Mississauga, ON L4W 5S2
( 905 ) - 678 - 3119   x 3136
1 - 888 - 334 - 4448,    x 3136 (toll-free)
jason.shein at iovate.com

Customer Service. Collaboration. Innovation. Efficiency.
Iovate's Information Technology Team

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL TRANSMISSION IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL AND IS
INTENDED ONLY FOR THE REVIEW OF THE PARTY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND IS DISCLOSED
TO YOU UNDER THE EXPRESS UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU WILL NOT DISCLOSE IT
OR ITS CONTENTS TO ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT
OF AN AUTHORIZED OFFICER OF IOVATE HEALTH SCIENCES SERVICES INC. IF YOU
HAVE
RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY RETURN IT
TO THE SENDER.

"Kareem Mahgoub" <kmahgoub at gmail.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
12/12/2006 02:10 PM

<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] Using $ in password

Dear All,

I have a simple question. What should I do to include the character $ as
one
of the password characters in the check command?

Here are some required information:

1- OS FC 5

2- kernel 2.6.18-1

3- Nagios version 2.5

4- The command definition

# 'check_httpp' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_httpp
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -p $ARG1$ -I $ARG2$ -t 120 -a
$ARG3$
        }
5- The service configuration

define service{
        host_name                       XXXX
        service_description             YYY
        contact_groups                  ZZZ
        check_command check_httpp!61002!192.168.1.4!:33$77
        }
When I execute the command manually it works.

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards

reporting any issue.