Forbidden access to server

Tue Dec 12 11:29:39 CET 2006

Can you post the relevant section of your Apache configuration file?

What might help (which has caught me out a number of times before) is if
you've got the default Apache config, there's a directive of:

<Directory />
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
</Directory>

This denies Apache access to all local file-system folders, so you also
need to add:

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
                Options ExecCGI
                AllowOverride AuthConfig
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
</Directory>

This tells Apache that for the folder /usr/local/nagios/sbin, allow all
access from anyone ("allow from all") (over-riding the default deny
all), allow the execution of CGIs, and allow configuring authentication
in a .htaccess file this folder.

Try that.

Andy.

Sam Fraser wrote:
> Do you have any suggestions on how I can get round the problem then?
>
> Sam Fraser
> Reading
> UK

Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834