Nagios not running every midnight

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:42:11 CET 2006

good idea.

 I think that the best thing to do is to make it run at 9,19,29 etc
minutes in the crontab. This gives nagios some time to write a new file
after the switch. I will see if the 5,15,25 is enough tonight and if not
then I will try the 9s.
If that doesn't work then I will use your idea to properly debug this. I
think that we've worked out the cause, now let's just see if the fix is
equally as simple.

One thing I'm not sure about is why several services always send me
Recovery Alert emails though when there was no Problem Alert email. It's
obviously the same cause but I'm not sure how to fix that. The nagios
checking script that I have cronned is really independent of the service
check which nagios itself does.

So the rescheduling of the cron may fix the nagios not running email
that I get at midnight but it's unlikely to fix the service notification
problem at midnight since this is within nagios itself....

-h

Hari Sekhon