Advanced permissions/user properties

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Tue Dec 5 13:41:24 CET 2006

Hi!

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
> > For backwards compatibility, the default would be rwxn.
> >
> > So, the engineers would have: nrx, customer: nr and helpdesk r.
> >
> > Attached is an updated patch.
>
> I'll try to get a peek at it this week.

Well, it took a little longer due to other things acting up
elsewhere.

As far as I can tell, it works perfectly - except...

We use NagiosGrapher to turn the perfdata into nice little colorful
thingies for the app developers. Unfortunately, NG seems to not
work well with the patch: It thinks "foo:r" is the group of the
same name, not the group "foo".

This will probably be easy to fix in a generic way (i.e. drop
everything after the last ":") and a little more complicated if
the perms should be parsed (though I have no idea what perms
would be needed for the graph: n or x only would prevent the user
to see the host/service (and thus the extinfo link) in the first
place. And preventing "r" users from seeing the graphs doesn't
make much sense, IMO).

Thus, I'll probably patch NG to just ignore the perms.

I'll post the patch here (if it's not too ugly ;))

> Thanks, again (all of you).

I can only re-iterate that.

Regards,
Tobias