unique computers in a hostgroup

Janet Post Janet.Post at excapsa.ca
Thu Aug 31 20:41:13 CEST 2006

I have the same issue, where I have a large main group, say
mysql-servers, and some run ntpd while others run xntpd.  I have had to
set up different groups which I name accordingly -- mysql-servers-ntp
and mysql-servers-xntpd.  In the case of one group of servers, I have 7
different 'custom' groups to take into account different computers.

This is extremely cumbersome, as nearly every group has exceptions.  :-)
If anyone has a better more elegent method of dealing with this, than
please please speak up.

Janet