SMART hard-disk monitoring

Derek Olsen derek.olsen at qsent.com
Thu Aug 31 19:39:11 CEST 2006

  Andy.
 I've attached the check_smart we use.  I think it's a barely modified
version of the one that comes with the nagios plugins.       In the
script we use the output of /sbin/sfdisk -s to find out which scsi disks
are on the local box because we ran into problems using the output of
scsiinfo.    So our sudoers file is configured to allow the nagios user
to run /sbin/sfisk -s and /usr/sbin/smartctl.

  This works for us.  Hope it helps.
   Deet.