nagiosgraph and embedded perl

Peter Ringe Peter.Ringe at web.de
Tue Aug 29 21:24:53 CEST 2006

Hi all together,

actually I run Nagios 2.5 and 2.5, Plugins 1.4.2 and nagiosgraph 0.8.2
on RH EL4

When configuring Nagios without embedded Perl and without perlcache
(during the configure-stage)
everything including processing perfomance data works well.

When recompiling Nagios (version 2.4 or version 2.5 makes no difference)
with embedded Perl and perlcache Nagios and all my Plugins works fine,
but the insert.pl-Script does'nt seem to work any longer. Even with
debug-Level 5 in nagiosgraph.conf, there is no output in the nagiosgraph.log

There may be a some problem with using embedded perl for insert.pl. Does
anyone know about such a problem?

PS: Just using a wrapper insert.sh, which just calls insert.pl with all
the options passed through. everything works fine again. With this
constructions I just aovided to run insert.pl inside ePN but use the
standard perl interpreter instead.

Regards,   Peter