View host/service config as authenticated user

xerofun xerofun at gmx.li
Fri Aug 25 10:58:26 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm running Nagios v2.0.

On the following page are the default cgi permissions, which include the right for every user to
read it's own host/service/service command configuration.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/cgiauth.html#default_rights

As I understand this can't be done by using the configuration CGI.

"It is important to note that by default no one is authorized for the following...
Viewing host group, contact, contact group, time period, and command definitions via the
configuration CGI"

So far so good.

But how does a normal authenticated user, who is *not* listed in the cgi.cfg with
"authorized_for_configuration_information" would list just it's own host and service configuration?

According to the default permissions authenticated contacts are allowed to view host/service/service
command configuration information.

Here's the setup I'm testing with (just the names):

contact: test-contact
contact_group: test-group (member: "test-contact")
Host: test (contact_group: "test-group")
Service: test-svc (contact_group "test-group")

Now when logging in to the webinterface as user "test-contact", I can't find a way to view only the
config for host "test" or service "test-svc" or for the related service commands.

Is there any link I didn't find?

Thanks,

Lars