PLugin NRPE

John R. Daily jdaily at apparatus.net
Thu Aug 24 22:47:36 CEST 2006

The NRPE plugin will encrypt the communications with NRPE by default.

To be careful, I would recommend running NRPE under xinetd to
leverage tcpwrappers and configure the Nagios server(s) that can
communicate with NRPE.  You may also wish to change the NRPE port for
obscurity.

Also leave dont_blame_nrpe set to 0 whenever possible in the NRPE
configuration.

-John

On Aug 24, 2006, at 4:00 PM, Rodrigo Maceno wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to know if anyone knows how to the NRPE plugin take
> the machines' information and give it to my Nagios' server? I would
> like to know if I have any security problem when I install the NRPE
> plugin?
>
> Thanks,
> PS: Sorry by my english!!! :)
> ---