submitting external commands remotely

Peter Krüpl peter at henet.dk
Wed Aug 23 16:57:49 CEST 2006

Hi,

    I doubt you can use sockets over NFS, someone correct me if i am wrong.
    What you could do is to execute the script on the nagios host, via ssh.

    If you normaly do this on the nagios host: scheduledowntine.sh host
ServerA 13:00 14:00

    You could do this on a remote machine: ssh nagioshost
"scheduledowntine.sh host ServerA 13:00 14:00"

    You would be prompted for a password every time you do this, but you
    could use rsa/dsa keys, then there would be no need to enter a
password each time.

    Safe and simple.... :)

    Cheers,
    Peter