hostgroup + service check = overides?

Scott Baker bakers at web-ster.com
Mon Aug 21 23:20:39 CEST 2006

I have several servers and thus I've used the "hostgroup_name" to
apply several generic services to about 10 of my servers. That way I
don't have to define a ping service for each host, just that group.

One of the services that I've applied is "load average" and I have
one server out of ten that's paging out due to high load. This is
normal because this server does more work. So I'd like to up the
settings for that one server, but I can't without changing the
settings for the WHOLE group.

Is there a way I can override that one service for that one server?
I was hoping I could just redefine that service and it would
override the "global" setting but Nagios complains about duplicate
service entries.

--
Scott Baker - RHCE
Canby Telcom System Administrator