ndoutils configure won't find mysql include files, and ndo2db exiting on signal 4

Josh Endries jendries at pragmeta.com
Thu Aug 17 02:12:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to get ndoutils to work but am having some trouble.
./configure doesn't find my mysql include files (it does find the
library). Maybe it doesn't work with mysql 5? I've tried
--with-mysql-inc=/usr/local, /usr/local/include, and
/usr/local/include/mysql (the files are in here; this is on FreeBSD). It
never finds them. I've tried with and without specifying with-mysql-lib
and in different orders on the command line to no avail. Any ideas?

I ran out of ideas and went into configure and made it think the headers
were there regardless of the test. Then changing source/Makefile and
adding -I/usr/local/include to OTHERLIBS caused everything to compile
correctly.

Anyway, I got things running, but whenever Nagios runs a check (I
assume, it's periodic), I see this:

Aug 16 20:02:52 nagios pid 83608 (ndo2db), uid 1007: exited on signal 4
Aug 16 20:02:52 nagios nagios: ndomod: Error writing to data sink!  Some
output may get lost.  4125 queued items to flush.
Aug 16 20:02:52 nagios pid 83608 (ndo2db), uid 1007: exited on signal 4
Aug 16 20:03:08 nagios nagios: ndomod: Successfully reconnected to data
sink!  0 items lost, 4298 queued items to flush.
Aug 16 20:03:10 nagios pid 83669 (ndo2db), uid 1007: exited on signal 4
Aug 16 20:03:10 nagios nagios: ndomod: Error writing to data sink!  Some
output may get lost.  4274 queued items to flush.
Aug 16 20:03:10 nagios pid 83669 (ndo2db), uid 1007: exited on signal 4
Aug 16 20:03:26 nagios nagios: ndomod: Successfully reconnected to data
sink!  0 items lost, 4437 queued items to flush.
Aug 16 20:03:28 nagios pid 83731 (ndo2db), uid 1007: exited on signal 4

The ndo2db process doesn't quit, it must restart or something, maybe it
can't connect to the DB? There are no messages logged about what's going
on, and no debug/verbose mode for ndo2db. :( I think that corresponds to
signal "ILL", but either way I'm guessing it has something to do with a
busted mysql connection somewhere...