New check script: check_nsca

Thomas Sluyter nagios at kilala.nl
Wed Aug 16 13:28:57 CEST 2006

I can't believe I'm the first one to think of this. o_O

NSCA is vitally important to most of our Nagios environments and
nobody has bothered to verify that the daemon itself works properly?

At my current client we've run into many occasions where the NSCA
daemon was running, but was not transferring message to Nagios
itself. So while things -look- hunkydory, we were actually missing a
lot of incoming messages (remember that Nagios just repeats the last
status if it doesn't receive any new status updates).

The script is up for grabs on the Exchange. As the page describes, it
needs to be run on the system running the NSCA daemon and it also
requires the use of send_nsca.

Any comments/suggestions/bitches/moans are more than welcome :) I
realize it's not perfect yet, but it's better than nothing.

Cheers!

Thomas