Daily status report?

rob.moss at uk.bnpparibas.com rob.moss at uk.bnpparibas.com
Wed Aug 16 10:17:12 CEST 2006

Heh, i was about to suggest my Nagios Email reporter :-) but it seems some
kind soul did the work for me!

Yeah.. use version 1.3.1

Internet
david_price at byu.edu@lists.sourceforge.net - 15/08/2006 17:50

Sent by:    nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net

To:    sun.jedi

cc:    Nagios-users

Subject:    Re: [Nagios-users] Daily status report?

Marc,

Have you looked on Nagios Exchange?  There is a project called Nagios
Email Report that may be what you are looking for.  I haven't used it,
so I can't make any claims on how well it works.  The link is
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/AddOn_Projects.22.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=640

Hope that helps,

David Price

Marc Belanger wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have nagios 2.x installed on Solaris 10 monitoring ~100 hosts, and
> ~1000 services. I am collecting perfdata,
>
> As the admin/engineer, I'm quite happy with the http interface for
> checking the status of systems and knowing what needs to get
> fixed/looked at. I installed/configured nagios originally for my
> benefit anyways, as part of a data center "lights out" effort.
>
> The problem:
> Management saw the website (I blame myself, screensaver is my new best
> friend). We all know what happens when suits get involved... yes, they
> want a daily report. Apparently clicking on a link, and logging into a
> website is too much work.
>
> My first solution:
> Heh, I'd snap a screen print of a custom report, and mail it. Life was
> good, until I went on vacation.
>
> My second solution:
> Google, google, google. I'm surprised that I still cannot snap a txt
> formatted host up/down for 'report period' (in my case 7am-5pm defined
> in the cfg's) without using cacti, rrdtool, or any other add-ons.
>
> My third solution:
> I'm giving in to rrdtool (I think). It seems like a lot more work than
> I want to invest, but I can perl/shell script it and crontab it, so
> the suits get thier daily eye candy, and I can go back on vacation.
>
> My questions:
> - Is there a better way I haven't thought of, or found?
> - Is there an EASIER way I haven't thought of, or found?
> - HALP!
> - Any off the cuff suggestions? Aside from screensavers.
>
> Thanks much in advance,
> -Marc

easier
Geronimo
reporting any issue.

reporting any issue.

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority