Does anybody successfully use multiple command mode of check_by_ssh

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Aug 16 00:40:16 CEST 2006

Hi all:

Just wondering if anybody has had any luck using the multiple command
mode of ssh. I think it is just broken, but I would like to be
convinced otherwise. I never see it executing anything but the primary
plugin, nor does it write to the file specified with -O.

E.G.

 /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_by_ssh -H localhost -n concord -s c1:c2:c3 \
    -C 'check_disk /' -C 'check_disk /usr' -C 'check_disk /var' -O /tmp/a

reports:

  DISK OK - free space: / 5372 MB (90% inode=98%);| /=581MB;5953;5953;98;5953

but puts nothing in /tmp/a which is writable to the nagios
users. (it's mode 777).

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard