Daily status report?

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Tue Aug 15 19:19:43 CEST 2006

David Price wrote:
> Marc,
>
> Have you looked on Nagios Exchange?  There is a project called Nagios
> Email Report that may be what you are looking for.  I haven't used it,
> so I can't make any claims on how well it works.  The link is
> http://www.nagiosexchange.org/AddOn_Projects.22.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=640

This works quite well. There was a bug last week in the 1.3.1 version,
but he sorted that out rather quickly.

What I did was create three small scripts to fire this plugin up. One
sends a daily and overnight, the other sends a weekly report, and the
last sends a monthly report.

Basically it takes the report from the web based reports tools, and
sticks it in an e-mail as HTML.

If the "suits" want a nice report for overnight, daily, weekly, and
monthly, I'd look into this.

Set it up once, link some scripts to run across cron or whatever, and
you'd be good.

Max