log checking plugins?

Alexander Harvey alexh19740110 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 04:31:27 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am having a problem with log checking scripts, e.g. check_errpt for AIX
and check_logfiles-1.4.3 (great plugins BTW). However, I'm not actually
receiving any alerts to my mobile phone because these plugins only ever fail
the first time a new error message is found. However, Nagios requires that
the plugin fail three times before it raises an alert. How are other people
handling this scenario? Ideally, the alert should remain until an
administrator reviews the log and turns the alert off.

Kind regards,
Alex