NRPE Error

Gilbert, Bruce bruce.gilbert at mosaic.com
Fri Aug 11 16:55:17 CEST 2006

Have you checked the Windows server you are monitoring to be sure the
agent/client is responding to queries? It should log a message in the
event log.

I've had a few Windows servers where another service/application would
dynamically grab port 1248 and when the Nagios agent tried to bind to
that port it was unsuccessful. On the servers where that has happened, I
created a copy of the check_nt command and modified the port it uses.
Then, on the monitored server changed the port in the registry and
restart the Nagios agent.

Hope that helps....or at least doesn't make matters any worse...