NRPE

Ganesh Vembu gvembu at totallynetworked.com
Thu Aug 10 21:06:23 CEST 2006

Hello  all
I am running Nagios2.5  on a fredora core 5 server
i am trying to check uptime on a windows xp prof. desktop. i have the NSclient installed on the desktop and i can check the uptime on the desktop using the
./check_nt -H <host IP> -p 1248 -v UPTIME

but configuring my minimal.cfg and my checkcommands.cfg file i get an error
the error is as below

Checking services...
Error: Service check command 'check_nt -H 172.16.1.103 -p 1248 -v' specified in service 'check-nt' for host 'helpdesk' not defined anywhere!
        Checked 1 services.

define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host template to use
        host_name               helpdesk
        alias                   helpdesk
        address                 172.16.1.103
        check_command           check-nt
        max_check_attempts      10
        check_period            24x7
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,r
        contact_groups  admins
        }

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use
        host_name                       helpdesk
        service_description             check-nt
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notification_interval           960
        notification_period             24x7
        check_command                   check_nt -H 172.16.1.103 -p 1248 -v
        }

define command{
        command_name    check_nt

command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $ARG1$ -v check-nt
}

any help is appreciated

ganesh