PerfParse (solved)

Christian Lahti christian at matissenetworks.com
Thu Aug 10 02:26:36 CEST 2006

Ok, an update to this.  I am now getting data stuffed to perfparse
database, here are the performance data processing commands in
misccommands.cfg: that are working:

# 'process-service-perfdata' command definition

define command {

   command_name   process-service-perfdata

   command_line   /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$TIMET$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICEOUTPUT$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$S
ERVICEPERFDATA$\n" | /usr/bin/perfparse-log2mysql -c
/etc/nagios/perfparse.cfg

# 'process-host-perfdata' command definition

define command {

   command_name   process-host-perfdata

   command_line   /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$TIMET$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$HOSTOUTPUT$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$HOST
PERFDATA$\n" | /usr/bin/perfparse-log2mysql -c /etc/nagios/perfparse.cfg

Here are the relevant nagios.cfg entries:

process_performance_data=1

host_perfdata_command=process-host-perfdata

service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

#all other perfdata entries are commented out, perf data going directly
to mysql via above pipe

#host_perfdata_file=

#service_perfdata_file=

#host_perfdata_file_template=

#service_perfdata_file_template=

#host_perfdata_file_mode=

#service_perfdata_file_mode=

#host_perfdata_file_processing_interval=

#service_perfdata_file_processing_interval=

Excellent tool, but the docs are pretty weak, I can send more info if
anyone else is having problems.

/Chris