dhcp plugin

Lincoln Worsham lincoln at pacificwesternsystems.com
Thu Aug 10 00:31:51 CEST 2006

Hi list,

seems like nothing is going to work today. I can't seem to post
 to the list through e-mail. oh well on to the stuff:

I have sucesufly been able to get nagios (2.5) up and running to
 monitor our network but i am having some problems with plugins.
 Target hardware is an xserve running mac os x 10.4.6. I used darwin
 ports to install nagios according to here

I have not been able to get a dhcp plugin to work unfortunately.

The dhcp plugin that comes with nagios (check_dhcp) when run (as
 root) from the command line reports

 Error: can't get MAC address for this architecture.

I did an install form source on a clean machine (with out darwin
 ports) with the same results. I took a look at the make file to
 figure out if there was a way of setting the architecture to some
 kind of bsd style unix but that did not yield any thing useful.

So i got on nagios exchange and found a perl version, check_dhcp.pl
 This one complained that if could not find a module for IO::Interface.
 Got IO:interface of of cpan, built and installed that, ran again
 and more errors:

Can't load '/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/darwin-2level/auto/IO/In
terface/Interface.bundle' for module IO::Interface: dlopen(/opt/local/lib
/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/darwin-2level/auto/IO/Interface/Interface.bundle,
 1): Symbol not found: _PL_curpad

Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/darwin-2level/auto/
IO/Interface/Interface.bundle

Expected in: dynamic lookup

at ./check_dhcp.pl line 30

Compilation failed in require at ./check_dhcp.pl line 30.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./check_dhcp.pl line 30.

tried on a fresh system with source only and the same results. I
 have been able to install other perl modules to get a plugin to
 work to check our raids.  At this point I am some what at a loss.
  We have 4 different dhcp server and i would like to monitor the
 as they have failed in the past. They are mac boxes so i could
 use check_by_ssh and see if the machine *thinks* dhcp is running
 but that is not as reliable as i would hope for.

- Lincoln Worsham (lincoln)

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html