controlling notifications a bit better

Andrew Laden Andrew.Laden at tudor.com
Wed Aug 9 18:19:07 CEST 2006

One thing to watch is that HOST alerts will get sent out as soon as the host
is detected down. You can play with the retry settings. But you generally
need to keep those short, as a host check supercedes all other checks, and
nagios will essentially pause until it determines status of the host.

You can also play with escalations to delay checks. Have no notifications
initially, and then use an escalation to send the alert later. This takes a
little work to get right.

  _____