Externals Commands

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 9 10:53:02 CEST 2006

Hari Sekhon wrote:
> Deborah Martin wrote:
>> no idea! i use .htaccess and it works for me! my httpd.conf has the
>> following which is what i extracted from the docs!
>>
>> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin
>> <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
>>         AllowOverride AuthConfig
>>         Options ExecCGI
>>         Order allow,deny
>>         Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> <Directory /usr/local/nagios/sbin>
>> AllowOverride AuthConfig
>> order allow,deny
>> allow from all
>> Options ExecCGI
>> </Directory>
>>

>> Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share
>> <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
>>         Options None
>>         AllowOverride AuthConfig
>>         Order allow,deny
>>         Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> <Directory /usr/local/nagios/share>
>> AllowOverride AuthConfig
>> order allow,deny
>> allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> Maybe there is something else that is fundamentally wrong!

something else that might be of use is the nagios section of my apache
configuration:

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/nagios/sbin/
    <Directory "/usr/nagios/sbin/">
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Options ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from 192.168.1.0/24
    </Directory>
    Alias /nagios /usr/nagios/share/
    <Directory "/usr/nagios/share">
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from 192.168.1.0/24
    </Directory>

(My Nagios installation is at /usr/nagios)

HTH

-h