Authentication again. login via web all commands work, go direct to cmd.cgi and no access

Tory M Blue tmblue at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:44:51 CEST 2006

I could of sworn I had this working but for some reason it's not working
today.

Scenario:

login is qa, pass, web paints and I see only the qa systems (perfect), I can
click on services, I can disable notifcations etc.etc.etc. So authentication
and authorization appears to be working.

Nothing special in my cgi.cfg file, qa is only setup in contacts and thus
can see these hosts/services by default.

Now, I have modified the outgoing alert to include a url to go to :

http://host/nagios/cgi-bin/cmd.cgi?cmd_typ=34&host=qav01&service=Check_Disk

This allows the groups to acknowledge their own alerts when they are messing
around with their servers (QA/Dev etc)

Now the above url comes up fine ( I login and authemticate as qa), but now I
receive this error

Sorry, but you are not authorized to commit the specified command.
Read the section of the documentation that deals with authentication and
authorization in the CGIs for more information.

Ummm okay, when I login and do this command from the gui, no issues but when
I issue the cmd.cgi command and authenticate directly i'm for some reason
not authorized, doesn't seem right.

Ideas?
Thanks
Tory