check oracle

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 7 20:18:18 CEST 2006

Luis Gardea wrote:
> hi
>
> in the nagios server I should install only the sqlplus or oracle
> complete.
>
> I just download instantclient-sqlplus-linux32-10.1.0.5-20060511 but i
> have doubt about ORACLE_HOME
>
> On 8/7/06, Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Luis Gardea wrote:
>> > I'm sorry because I'm new in it
>> >
>> > Where is $ORACLE_HOME  in nagios server or oracle server?  and how do
>> > I set it?
>> >
>> > the sqlplus should is install in the oracle server or nagios server
>> >
>> > thaks

>> /dev/null

>> installed

>> install sqlplus on the nagios machine and make sure that the
>> $ORACLE_HOME environment variable for the operating system is set to the
>> base directory location of the sqlplus installation on the nagios
>> machine as well.
>>
>> For the environment variable it depends on what distro you have, since I
>> see you have Fedora, you can do this in the .bashrc of the user running
>> the nagios check or /etc/bashrc or /etc/bash/bashrc for all users. I set
>> it in the check_oracle script to make sure it works properly since my
>> experience with it was less than 100%. If you're not proficient in Linux
>> and bash scripting then I don't recommend that (the command though is
>> "export ORACLE_HOME=/path/to/sqlplusinstallion/dir")
>>
>> -h

just the client, not a full oracle server. look to linux info about
environment variables if you don't understand the export line I showed
you last time. But if you don't know the basics of linux then nagios
might be a little difficult for you... and there is only so much help I
can give on this, I have to do my job as well....

-h