Warning threshold must be float or float triplet!

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Aug 4 16:48:22 CEST 2006

host.

Well, because nagios isn't really running the check_load command. The
file above contains the command line(s) that nagios would have run for
check_local_load. As you can see, every other time it runs it the
arguments are missing. I can only think of two reasons why this would
be.
	1) You have two similar, but not identical service definitions
for that host that both use the check_local_load command. One is defined
properly, one is not. Search your configs for references to
check_local_load. Remove or correct the duplicate.
	2) You have multiple nagios daemons running, one with
check_local_load properly defined, one without. Stop nagios, use ps to
verify that all are dead, kill any that might remain and restart nagios.

Once you find the cause you'll need to remove 'echo " ...
">>/tmp/nagios' stuff I had you add to the check_local_load command
definition so that nagios will actually run the command again.

> When I sent the reload command however, all hosts start showing down.
> have to stop nagios and kill the daemon running, the start it again
before
> it will recognize the host services again.  This causes major problems
as
> it doesn't reflect current uptime in reports.  Any ideas here?

No, but I don't have enough information. Why are they showing down (i.e.
what's the Status Information)? An example host/service/command
definition would probably be helpful.

> Another issue that could play into this, I still can't schedule
downtime
> b/c I can't isue external commands.  Someone mentioned htaccess files,
but
> I have my httpd.conf file with the same contents.

Did you create your .htaccess/.htpasswd files? Review the documentation
at http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/cgiauth.html and
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installweb.html. Make sure you've
followed all the steps.

--