Externals Commands

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:37:22 CEST 2006

Deborah Martin wrote:
> look at your /usr/local/nagios/sbin directory and check a) file
> permissions are correct and also whether your .htaccess authrization
> file is present.
> This error is generally caused by not correctly using .htaccess and
> also not configuring apache properly - check your httpd.conf is
> correctly configured

my .....nagios/sbin perms are 775 across the board and there is the same
.htaccess file in there as in ...nagios/share

according to the docs that should be enough to work.

also, if I couldn't use the sbin then all the other stuff also wouldn't
work because it all relies on the cgis to show status etc...

-h