getting some flyby errors

Artyom Khmelnitsky nagios at ayksolutions.com
Tue Aug 1 06:12:53 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am having another slight issue and would like some guidance on
 this. Here's the situation:

I have one host that is being pinged and the SMTP is being checked
 just fine. It's in Group A. Now, I went ahead and defined 6 new
 hosts that need to be just pinged. I used the same templates in
 the hosts.cfg and services.cfg files that I am using for the Group
 A host which works fine. I have also renamed minimal.cfg to something
 else, so that is not a problem any longer. It pulls everything
 from checkcommands.cfg file where check_ping and check-host-alive
 are defined. I am also using macros, so, I have the following for
 check_ping in services:

check_ping!100.0,10%!500.0,40%!5

Now, I reloaded Nagios just fine and thought that everything should
 work. Wrong, I am now getting the following error for all of my
 new 6 Hosts:

"check_ping: %s: Warning threshold must be integer or percentage!"

They all are UP and ping fine. What I can't figure out is how my
 first host works just fine but the new ones, which share the same
 templates and service group are throwing that annoying error.

What am I overlooking here? Please let me know if you would like
 for me to paste anything to help with the explanation of my issue.

Thank you kindly for your help

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi
1[showUid]=20587