Distributed / Central and hosts in pgsql

Shawn Holland sholland at sandara.ca
Fri Apr 28 01:53:55 CEST 2006

Sorry,

Let me clearify.

Each distributed server has a list of devices in a pgsql database that is
unique to each distributed server.

The script will run on each distributed server generating a config from the
pgsql database that is unique to each distributed server.

And the only thing that is causing me problems is that each distributed
server's database listing of their unique devices to ping could change at any
time. This is why my script will run daily on each distributed server
regenerating their config file. But its getting the central server to know of
these changes that is the problem.

I think Tedman Eng's reply is what I may need to be looking at.

Using some transport protocol to upload the device config from each
distributed server to the central server. (SSH/SCP) and drop it into a config
dir. Then restarting nagios on the central server.

I wont need another script to concatinate them. I just need to use shared keys
and allow access to a directory that is specified as a cfg_dir

The only problem with this method is that there could be syncronization
problems.

What are your thoughts on this?

--
Regards,