Weblogic

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Thu Apr 27 20:38:43 CEST 2006

Sandeep Narasimha Murthy schrieb:

> Hi,
>

> I am searching for a script/ plugin for Nagios which monitors BEA
> Weblogic server and returns information like JVM heap size, number of
> threads in utilization etc..
>

> Does anyone know of any such scripts/ plugins ??
>

> Thanks in adv,
>

> sg

Hi Sandeep,

I am looking for this kinf of plugin too but could not find any hints on
the web.

I think the easiest way could be some snmp stuff to your bea server.

The vendor information about Bea SNMP is quiet nice like this one (maybe
old - I am not a "Bea", I'm a "Nagios" ^^ )

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/snmp/snmpintro.html

After managing the snmp agent on your Bea server it should be possible to:

snmpwalk -c COMUNITA at BEASERVERNAME -v1 IP_ADDRESS

On the link above you can read nearly all possible informations directly
out of your weblogic system like

jvmRuntimeHeapSizeCurrent ====> 1.3.6.1.4.1.140.625.340.1.30

I am testing this with

JDBC Connection Pool Runtime Table

specially with

jdbcConnectionPoolRuntimeActiveConnectionsCurrentCount
====>1.3.6.1.4.1.140.625.190.1.25

if I am now doing a:

snmpwalk -c COMUNITA at BEASERVERNAME -v1 IP_ADDRESS
1.3.6.1.4.1.140.625.190.1.25

i'm getting some snmpwalk output like:

1.3.6.1.4.1.140.625.190.1.25.24.657.101.102.34.35.773.14.2.3.44.21.35.81.357.3.what.the.hell
= INTEGER: 6

just figured out that:
"24.657.101.102.34.35.773.14.2.3.44.21.35.81.357.3.what.the.hell" has
something to do with this special connection pool, but I can't figure
out how I can get this special one Integer for
ActiveConnectionsCurrentCount for this special ConnectionPool
"NAME_OF_CONN_POOL".

Perhaps here is somebody on the list who can explain or give some hints
on these type of "snmp mib redirects"? (Couldn't explain better).

I will work on it, but if you (or some other) have any hints on it,
please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Hendrik