Pgsql host list and check_ping

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at Kognitio.com
Wed Apr 26 15:00:47 CEST 2006

I believe if a .cfg file changes, nagios has to be restarted in order to
load the changes.
With plugin changes, I believe it isn't necessary.

regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: Janet Post [mailto:Janet.Post at excapsa.ca]
Sent: 26 April 2006 13:53
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Nagios-users] Pgsql host list and check_ping

Thanks!!

I do not believe you have to restart.  I have added components to my
nagios configuration and it just took effect without any issues.  I
think that state retention might cause problems with this, but I am not
sure.  If it does, you could have nagios reread the configuration files
using '/etc/init.d/nagios reload'.   I am not too experienced in this
area, so I defer to other more experienced users here who may be able to
give you a better answer.

Janet