timing of local event handlers and notifications?

Rich sfnet at bingle.org
Tue Apr 25 17:59:02 CEST 2006

The documentation states that "global event handlers are executed before any
local event handlers that you have configured for specific hosts or
services", however, I can't find any documentation on when notifications are
sent in relation to local event handlers.

If I have a redundant nagios server setup as as described in the
documentation (scenario 1, i.e. the redundant server is monitoring
everything the primary is, but has notifications globally disabled) and it
detects that the primary is down, it will execute its local event handler
and turn its global notifications on. However, I want to verify that its
global notifications will be enabled before it would send out notification
of the "primary down" alert.

In other words, I want to make sure that the "primary down" notification is
(one of) the first notifications that the backup sends once it detects that
the primary is having a problem.

Thanks,

-- Rich