authentication check

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Apr 22 16:36:38 CEST 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Jim Perrin wrote:

> Is anyone aware of a patch or method to restrict nagios web interface
> access to only people listed as contacts? Currently with our
> authentication structure, people who are not listed as contacts can
> log in, but they cannot view anything. Rather than having them see a
> screen with a bunch of "0 hosts, 0 Services" etc, I'd rather be able
> to pass a message that they're not not a contact, and/or don't have
> permission to view hosts/services.  Nothing in the manuals (or google
> that I've found) seems to show how to go about doing this. Ideas are
> warmly welcomed.

If you share your user database with other applications then there is
little hope of doing this the extreme easy way.

You could throw all of your nagios users into a group and use the group
definition to grant them access instead of a valid-user. That would still
be relative easy to maintain.

Hugo.

PS: Tagline separators are Dash-Dash-Space and not Dash-Dash.

		Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
		for they are subtle and quick to anger.