Initial check scheduling

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 14:23:34 CEST 2006

(Disclaimer: Currently running 1.3 as 2.x havn't made it into any apt repos yet)

I've got a strange problem with the initial scheduling of active
service checks..

Basically I have a bunch of service templates all of which have checks
at various intervals. For example, I have generic-service-1m,
generic-service-5m, generic-service-1h, etc, etc.

The problem I have is that then Nagios starts (or reloads...), it
schedules _all_ services evenly spaced out over an hour. Services that
are supposed to be checked every minute may thus not be checked for a
full hour after a reload. Interestingly, once the service has been
checked once it is then correctly scheduled for the next run (ie i get
a cluster of 1m services at the top of the scheduling queue after
Nagios has been running for a full hour).

Has anyone else seen this or know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Ras