Upgrading from 1.3 to 2.2

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 14:17:35 CEST 2006

On 4/19/06, ThomasC. <shoktai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> What is the most easy and enjoyable way to upgrade from nagios 1.3 to
> version 2.2 ?

Enjoyable? Not overly sure about that one....
I stood up a second nagios system with notifications turned off and
recreated everything. It gave me a chance to better template things.
The config file formats have been redone, so if you just move them
over, you'll be bitten by a  bunch of little things.

You might be able to import your configs into a tool like fruity, and
then export them as 2.x, but that might be more work than reward.

-Arthur C. Clarke