is my syntax ok for escalation?

Tom Cruickshank tcruicksh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 04:35:16 CEST 2006

Hello,
   I'm trying to get escalation working on a service I have running.
This is what I currently have.

define serviceescalation{
        host_name               web3.host.com
        service_description     Bacula Process
        first_notification      3
        last_notification       10
        notification_interval   90
        contact_groups          admin-escalate
        }

define service{
	  host_name                       web3.host.com
        service_description             Bacula Process
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nt_bacula!192.168.1.5
}

I know that the contact_groups 'admin-escalate' works since I tried it in
"define service" for "contact_groups" and it worked fine.

Is there anything that I might of missed in defining my serviceescalation?

Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

 Tom