nsca failing due to looping

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 03:13:31 CEST 2006

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone else been experiencing nsca failing?  It has been running for a
while with no problems, but is now starting to fail.  I have it running in
inetd with wait.600 so that it will be able to accept all the connections
from our hosts.  I had over 400 machines pushing to it at one time, but now
due to reloads on the machines I have maybe 250 left pushing to it.  I need
to push my scripts back out, but until I get this issue figured out, I have
to wait.

Here is the error I am receiving:

 nsca/tcp server failing (looping), service terminated

Running on Debian 2.6.15-8.  I have set debug to 1 in the nsca.cfg but all I
am getting is this error from inetd.

Thanks

Joseph