execute a program with NRPE

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at forumgdh.net
Mon Apr 17 21:09:55 CEST 2006

Hello list,

Subhendu Ghosh wrote:

>> I'm upgrading my Nagios 1.x to 2.x now, and I wold like to know if the
>> old nrpe daemon is able to talk with the new check_nrpe...
>>
>> I'm getting the message:
>> Apr 17 15:04:58 dc1 nrpe[12468]: Could not read request from client,
>> bailing out...

> The plugins are independent of the Nagios version.

Ok... I'm using severs debian sarge with version 2 of Nagios and Red
Hats 8.0 with version 1.0.

The NRPE versions is different too (Red Hat with 1.8 and Debian with
2.5.1), and I tried with and without SSL, without success.

The error is listed in FAQ, but is not my case:
http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=275&expand=false&showdesc=false

Somebody can help me?

Thanks a lot!
Brazilian Regards