Epn problems with perl plugin

Lawrence, Lynne Lynne.G.Lawrence at uscg.mil
Fri Apr 14 14:58:09 CEST 2006

lgl> my notes inline

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net on behalf of Mieden, Rick van der
Sent: Fri 4/14/2006 6:46 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Epn problems with perl plugin

Hi All,

I'm installing a new nagios server with 2.1 (upgrade 2.2 will follow
soon) We've have a running nagios 2.0b3 server and I just copied over my
homebrewed perl plugins to the new server.
I noticed the embedded perl is a bit stricter in this 2.1 version, I
compiled nagios with embedded-perl and some of my plugins were not using
the use strict option, I adjusted all of them and they are working fine
except one.

To check some processes I've created a perl script which uses ssh  to
login gather the info I need and do some checkings:

open (PS, "ssh -p 22 -o Protocol=2 $o_host -C \"ps -ef| /bin/grep
$o_name | /bin/grep -v grep\" |") || die("ps -ef????");

lgl> maybe try:
lgl> open (PS, qq;ssh -p 22 -o Protocol=2 $o_host -C 'ps -ef| /bin/grep "$o_name" | /bin/grep -v grep' |;) || die("ps -ef????");

This works for all my processes in the datacenter, except one. there I
need to check for the following proces: HLRTMD3 -t
The -t has to be included and I covered this in the 2.0b3 version with
"HLRTMD3\ -t" the backslash did the trick to deal with the -t part.
In 2.1 I have the correct output on commandline, but in the Nagios
Interface I get: (0 of HLRTMD3 -t processes running <= 0 : CRITICAL)

Anybody an idea how to tackle this? Is there a way I can re-produce this
on commandline and have some troubleshooting output. Anybody experience
with this and a solution?

Regards,

Rick

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en is alleen bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren. Hoewel Orange maatregelen heeft genomen om virussen in deze email of attachments te voorkomen, dient u ook zelf na te gaan of virussen aanwezig zijn aangezien Orange niet aansprakelijk is voor computervirussen die veroorzaakt zijn door deze email.

The information contained in this message may be confidential and is intended to be only for the addressee. Should you receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Although Orange has taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, you do need to verify the possibility of their existence as Orange can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email.