NRPE SSL fails on Mac OSXS

Randall Perry listsub at systame.com
Thu Apr 13 19:16:43 CEST 2006

Got Nagios monitor running fine on it's main box. But, am having
troubles getting nrpe_check command to talk to a remote host.

I've read the FAQ on this issue and verified that everything is kosher.
   http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=191

But I get this from nrpe (with debugging on):
   Error: Could not complete SSL handshake. 2\n

And this from check_nrpe:
   CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

Also tried running both without ssl. nrpe crashed on the remote machine,
while nagios host gave error:
   CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds

Anyone got nrpe working on Mac OSX?

--
Randall Perry
sysTame