Strange NRPE / Nagios problem

Larry Ludlow lludlow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 19:06:53 CEST 2006

I have been all over the forums and lists and don't see anyone else
 having the exact same problem.

I have Nagios 2.2 running on RedHat ES4 U3, monitoring 28 RedHat
 ES4 servers fine.

NRPE is running on all of the hosts. I have 1 redhat box that I
 am getting CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds. Also I
 started rolling this out into my Solaris environment. I have it
 on 4 servers 2 are working and 2 are getting this time out error.

the logs have not been usefull. For the solaris box's I am using
 the -n flag to disable ssl. (the same for the check command)

The strange part is I can run the command manually as root or nagios and I
 get a good reply...

[root at bpas-02 libexec]# ./check_nrpe -n -H prddb880-1 -c check_disk1

DISK OK - free space: / 5361 MB (53%);| /=4721MB;10061;10071;0;10081

Any ideas???

Thanks,

- Larry