Distributed Monitoring

InnovationsTech, Matthew Thomas MThomas at InnovationsTech.com
Thu Apr 13 02:06:08 CEST 2006

I've setup a distributed monitoring server. One issue I'm seeing is that
the distributed server only updates the central server every 4-6
minutes.

I have service checks running every 90 seconds on the distributed
server. I have it set to obsess over services.

Is there any way to adjust how often the send_nsca utility is actually
ran, or adjust how often the distributed server updates the central
server?

I have freshness turned on, and it always wants to go out and get the
results, because it thinks they are stale after 2-3 min. (threshold set
to 450sec). But this creates double traffic, and kind of defeats the
reason for distributed monitoring.

Thank You,

Matt