distributed servers - how to tell which one executed a check?

Trask trasko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 23:21:39 CEST 2006

I haven't seen anything in the docs about this...  I am hoping to have
an indication somewhere of which distributed nagios server executed
the last check.

A little background into my setup:
- 4 nagios servers (all running 2.2 now)
- nag1, nag2 and nag3 at each office/colo
- nag4 is the central server receiving passive check info and serving
as a fallback if one of the other 3 fail (and also importantly, the
visual interface to all the checks).

These are glued together with some homebrew scripts to ease management
of the distributed setup.  My goal is to be able to see which of these
servers executed the last check.

As a stop-gap measure I modified p1.pl to prepend the nagios server's
hostname to the plugins output.  This is an acceptable solution for
the perl scripts, but that doesn't include any of the other (non-perl)
plugins.

Anyone accomplish this already or have an idea of how to do this?